Now Offers More Environmentally Responsible Products
Spiral Binding Company, Inc. (“Spiral”) has made it easier for customers to be green by making it easier to identify which binding and document finishing products are environmentally friendly.
Currently, we offer the following eco-friendly products:
- Custom Products: We offer a wide array of personalized products that can be manufactured to your environmental needs. We currently stock the items listed below, but can obtain other ecological custom products listed on our website.
- Sturdy Grain Covers and Linen Covers: Our covers are made from recycled materials. 30% post consumer waste.
- 16 Gauge Polyethylene Tabs & Covers: Available using 100% post consumer recycled material.
- Presentation Folders: Option to select from 100% post consumer recycled papers imprinted with low VOC vegetable based inks and finishes.
- Economy/Premium Clear Overlay Binders: The chipboard base and the ring metals are made from 100% recycled paper and steel scrap.
- Promotional Items: Among our many style options are journals with 100% recycled covers containing eucalyptus writing paper. Plant based inks and black binding wire are also used.
- ID Accessories: Plastic loop and leather luggage straps, along with removable strap clips are made from 100% recycled material.
- Aluminum Screw Posts: Made from 100% recycled material.
- Prong Fasteners: 100% recycled material.
- Wire: Base wire is made from hi-carbon steel scrap (recycled). For raw wire, flanges, bolts, nuts and washers are returned to the vendor for reuse.
- Shrink Wrap: A polyolefin shrink wrap film is available that can be recycled and offers no smoke, no odor, no residue build up and can be stored without air conditioning. All shrink wrapped packages distributed by Spiral use polyolefin film.
In an effort to reduce paper, Spiral offers electronic invoicing and the ability to pay via credit card. Please contact your sales representative to be set up for e-invoicing.
Spiral is always looking for ways to increase our green emphasis by using or selling more environmentally responsible products. We would be happy to hear any suggestions you may have.